Technical Business Analyst
Technical Business Analyst will help with analysis & translation of code, design, implementation, modification, and daily functional support of internal Scotiabank applications.
Agile experience is imperative with a strong skill set in story mapping and story writing. Ability to easily use JIRA or Confluence is strongly desired.
- Seasoned BSA with Banking experience and an ability to work independently
- Work with key stakeholders within all business functions to align technology solutions with business strategies
- Use agile best practices, to build requirements and user stories with the primary goal of consistent incremental delivery of MVP and multi-phased product solutions
- Gathers requirements from business units and translates those to programmers and developers
- Demonstrates an informed knowledge of business functions to resolve problems and capitalize on improvement opportunities
- Supports one or more highly complex business processes
- Serves as a liaison between the business community and the IT organization in order to provide technical solutions to meet user needs
- Participate in scrum teams on the development of applications, ensuring the applications accurately represent the business requirement and metrics
- Design and develop Use Cases, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams and Business Process
- Ability to communicate to company leadership, stakeholders, team leaders and users with respect, efficiency, appropriate acuteness and desire to both understand and be understood
- Ability to render technical problems and decisions into product choices and impacts
- Solid technical background in software development, modern database and system architecture
- 8+ years industry experience as a Technical Business Analyst with excellent understanding of Business Requirement gathering, Business Analysis, Business Process Modeling
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required. MBA or other related advanced degree preferred.
- Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) designation preferred.
- Experience with Jira, Confluence or similar work management tool is a plus
- Financial industry experience preferred but not required.
- Experience with billing solutions including calculations, statement design, distribution and settlement for large complex customers and product suites.
- Experience working with banking payments, operating account and deposit investment product services for small business, corporate and commercial customers.
- Technical Systems Analyst: 8 years (Required)
- National Consultants Professionals Ltd (NCP)is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by provincial, federal and local laws. This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. NCP makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time. NCP is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
- Location – Toronto, Canada
- Duration- Contract 6 months
- Years of experience – 3-5+ years